Re: kernel recompile

In article <[🔎] 200301010955.53994.florian.struck@t-online.de>, Florian Struck wrote:

> make menuconfig
> make dep
> make modules
> make-kpkg kernel_image
> and dpkg -i "resulting-kernel.deb"

Step two and three are both taken care of in step four. I also wouldn't
leave out 'make-kpkg clean' before your fourth step. I had some trouble
booting some of my kernels a while back, and I just couldn't find out what
was causing it. It seemed very random. However, I've had no such trouble
after I took a better look at the documentation and added 'make-kpkg clean'
to my building procedure.

make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg kernel_image
make-kpkg modules_image

This is how I build my kernels, with sources from kernel.org (and a couple
of manually applied patches). The third step is necessary to build a .deb
for my binary nvidia driver.