Re: keeping Debian up to date and checking the version number

People,

Thanks for the help. I am more than reassured enough to move my Debian box into service now. This is good news because I could do with a Linux box at home.

A cron job has been set to do the updating via apt, and I will check apt-check-sic (I assume this is the apt-check-sic.pl script I got from google) to ensure updates are are genuine.

Oh and Wynn. I promise to start my posts with 'People' in future.

I assume this is appropriate for yourself?  ;)

Ad.

--
Kind regards,

Adam Barton.