Strange behavior when compiling nvidia drivers

I just upgraded to kernel 2.4.23 which meant that I have to recompile the
nvidia drivers.

During the build it detected that the kernel was build to gcc 3.2 but that I
was using gcc 3.3 and said it would use that.  But in needed a header file
and said that it was looking in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.2/include/
stdarg.h

It couldn't find this because I have gcc 3.3.3 installed and not 3.3.2

I got round it by symlinking 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 - but it seems to me that
something is wrong somewhere.  Problem is I don't know what - gcc should
automatically find the correct place?

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk