Re: was wondering

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:46:28 -0500, Xzbenjudah7 wrote:

> I have an old kernel 2.2.12 and I was wondering if it is possible to get some
> source code to recompile the kernel with terminal font color highlighting. I
> am not sure what to call it but its the font that's typed whenever your at a
> prompt. A different color for directories and another for executable files
> exetra...

...please don't post HTML.  Post text, and line wrap at col 72 or so.

The colors which you are thinking of have nothing to do with the kernel.
It's a function of 'ls'.

You might set it up like this (in ~/.bashrc, probably):

    eval `dircolors ~/.dir_colors`
    alias ls='ls --color=auto '

...that's assuming that you have set up a color database in the file
~/.dir_colors.  To use the precompiled database, remove this filename.

For more info:

man dircolors
info dircolors
man ls