Re: Upgrading from stable to testing with apt-get?

Hi Josh!

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Josh Robinson wrote:

> a problem:
>
> i updated my sources.list file, and ran apt-get dist-upgrade. followed the
> instructions on the screen. and rebooted.
>
> except now my box won't boot. i just get the characters LI (i think) in
> the top left-hand corner of the screen, and nothing happens.
>
> what should i do?

http://www.linuxpeople.cc/howto/liloerrorshowto.htm?link

Here is the readme for what lilo stops at on boot.

As for finding out which partition is /, you could run fdisk from a
rescue disk.  This will tell you which partition is your swap
partition.

--
"Kids, the seven basic food groups are GUM, PUFF PASTRY, PIZZA,
PESTICIDES, ANTIBIOTICS, NUTRA-SWEET and MILK DUDS!!" --Zippy the

--
  B. L. Jilek            |  GPG keys on my website -->  |  Linux user: 163800
  bljilek@topazcrow.com  |   http://www.topazcrow.com   |  ICQ: 83785391