debian distro on a floppy

previously, i had a working system w/ linux on /dev/hdc and windblows
on /dev/hda. since my bios didn't allow me to boot from /dev/hdc,
i had to use a boot disk to get to boot linux. i upgraded the kernel
and proceeded to make a new boot disk. well, like a dumba$$, i didn't
ensure i was using a new floppy and overwrote my old bootdisk. to
make matters worse, i did not properly generate a root filesystem
on the floppy so now the kernel panics during the boot process.

years ago, when trying to fix a hdd problem, i came across floppy
images that had all things necessary to run from a floppy. my hope
is i can move the linux drive to /ved/hda, boot/run w/ one of these
images, change lilo.conf to reflect /dev/hda (right now, that disk
reflects /dev/hdc ... kinda useless), run lilo, and reboot. after
this, i will recreate a boot disk and hopefully not mess up the root
filesyetem information.

does anyone have a HOWTO or image to recommend? i will continue to
google looking for it in the meantime.