Re: on ./configure I get a gcc C Compiler error: what am I missing ??

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 08:58:43PM +0100, Axel Burwitz wrote:
> Now:
> when I want to do: "./configure" in the sources directory, I get the error
> message
>
> "error: C compiler cannot create executables"

I think this may be because you are missing libc6-dev. Without it you can't
compile anything that needs the C library, which is pretty much everything.
(Well except the kernel, ...).

So apt-get install libc6-dev.

Of course you could have found this out by searching google for:
debian C compiler cannot create executables

Or searching through the list archives.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>