Re: latex & prosper

On 29 Dec 2003, gustavo wrote:
> Hello
>
>   Please I need some help with LaTeX.
>   I can't get working prosper  class (And other ones that also are for
> presentations).
>   I try every think. For example I was take a 'Example.tex' from
> "/usr/doc/prosper/examples/"
>   Run it with elatex (and looks good) but if I run "xdiv Example.dvi" I
> get the next error:
>     gs: Error: /invalidfileaccess in --file--
>     gs: Operand stack:
>     gs:    (/usr/share/texmf/dvips/pstricks/pstricks.pro)   (r)
>     gs: Execution stack:
>     gs:    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   --nostringval--
[snip]

I don't know anything about elatex but I don't think pdflatex works
properly on prosper class files.

I make a lot of slides with prosper and don't get any problems. I first
run latex on the file and then do dvips to produce a ps file on which I
run ps2pdf. The commands are as follows:

1. latex foo.tex

2. dvips foo.dvi -o ; ps2pdf foo.ps

A.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic