Re: Wine, does it work?

What I meant by descritors is a file setting the options for the program to be
run. The newest wine claims to let you override the configurations from the
command line so this can be done, I suppose.

David Goodenough (love that name!)--which options do you use to run Lotus
Notes. These might be good advice for running larger applications through
wine.

(I had no illusions for sound stuff. The bridge game should have worked--) the
problem is that once their is a failure, even one flagged by an "illegal
instruction" or such popup, the Xwindow with the wine session is now frozen.
Even if the running program has closed or aborted, this window is stuck. I is
worse bypassing X.