Apt holding back packages and dependencies

Hello.  Does anyone know if it's possible to resolve unmet dependencies
with apt-preferences?

I had to force a perl downgrade to use the unstable version of interchange
and it created the following dependencies problems.  Interchange won't run
with the threaded versions of perl in testing and unstable.

If I pin the packages with unmet dependencies, will apt ignore these errors?
Do I need to downgrade these other packages?

Thanks for any input,
Steve

  dpkg-ftp: Depends: libnet-perl but it is not going to be installed
  interchange: Depends: libmime-base64-perl but it is not going to be
installed                Depends: libstorable-perl but it is not going to be
installed
  libsql-statement-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.8.0 but it is not installable
                         Depends: perl (>= 5.8.0-13) but 5.6.1-8.3 is to be
installed
  libtext-csv-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.8.0 but it is not installable
                    Depends: perl (>= 5.8.0-10) but 5.6.1-8.3 is to be
installed  liburi-perl: Depends: libmime-base64-perl but it is not going to
be installed                Depends: libnet-perl but it is not going to be
installed
  libwww-perl: Depends: libnet-perl but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmime-base64-perl but it is not going to be
installed   perl-doc: Depends: perl (>= 5.8.1-4) but 5.6.1-8.3 is to be
installed
  perlmagick: Depends: perlapi-5.8.0 but it is not installable
              Depends: perl (>= 5.8.0-18) but 5.6.1-8.3 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify
a solution).