Re: Good front end for small postgress dtabases?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 at 02:56 GMT, stan penned:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 12:28:47PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 at 15:57 GMT, stan penned:
>> > I need to create some small databses in postgress (christmas card
>> > list, household inventory). What choices do I have for creating
>> > user input forms, and reports in Debian?
>>
>> You could always use php's postgres features =)  That's what I tend
>> to do, if only because it's what I'm used to.
>>
> Mmm, thta would require that I access them trhough a web browser,
> right?
>
> I'm looking for somehting to run localy.

You can certainly use htaccess rules to restrict certain pages to local
use -- that's what I do for a number of pages.

Here's an example from my /etc/apache/access.conf ... I believe it's
straight from the debian install of some package.  It allows anything on
the local network to view the specified directory:

<Directory /usr/doc>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order deny,allow