Re: Warning at booting

Matthias Hentges wrote:

Am Fre, 2003-12-26 um 16.40 schrieb Stephen Liu:
Hi folks,

Debian testing/unstabler
=================

At booting following warning popup
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-114
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-114
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-114

Kindly advise what does it indicate and how to fix it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=block-major-114

Takes about 20 seconds to find an answer...

Even with Paul's hint, it took me considerably longer than 20 seconds to find the answer, so I'm posting what I found here for archival purposes, and in case the OP didn't find the answer in his looking.

According to http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-users@it.canterbury.ac.nz/msg15743.html, Nick Rout writes:

according to the kernel documentation, Block Device 114 is:

114 block       IDE BIOS powered software RAID interfaces such as the
               Promise Fastrak

                 0 = /dev/ataraid/d0
                 1 = /dev/ataraid/d0p1
                 2 = /dev/ataraid/d0p2...