hardware compatability

I just purchased a Thinkpad R40, with a 1.4 ghz m processor, and an ultra-bay, which allows multiple devices to be swaped out, my first question is: is debian 3.0 r2 compatible with this device? One of the drives for it is a multi-burner, which is a cd/dvd burner, my second question is: is debian 3.0 r2 compatible with this device? I have found no information ANYWHERE concerning linux and the multi-burner, so ANY information concerning these topics would be of immense help to me, thank you.

My email: panplant@hotmail.com

Expand your wine savvy ? and get some great new recipes ? at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com