Re: booting to serial console

On Thursday 25 December 2003 12:37 pm, you wrote:
> David,
>
> Nothing has changed. I still have garbage on the serial console at
> boot time, and then get login prompt only.
>
> Does it work for you?

Yes it works for me.  I am confused as to why it doesn't for you.  Did
you remember to run /sbin/lilo after changing lilo.conf ?  You might
also try entering video=vga16:off at the boot prompt after the name of
your kernel.  I can send you my lilo.conf if you think it will help.

HTH, David

--
David Sanders
debian@sandersweb.net