Re: Compiling kernel on a different computer

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 at 12:04 GMT, Piers Kittel penned:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got an ancient 486 which needs its kernel recompiled, but it is
> extremely slow, and the hard drive isn't big enough - and I think it's
> possible to recompile the kernel on my main PC and transfer the kernel
> and modules over - how to do this?
>
> Thanks very much for your help in advance

You might also look into distcc, which allows you to run the compile
across multiple computers.

Oh, wait, just reread - the above won't help with harddrive space =/
but it's still a really cool tool.

--
monique