make menuconfig and woody?

Hi people!

I switched philosophy: downloaded all 7 Woody CD's and installed everything from there, instead of Sarge over the net.

I only have to get gcc-3.2, libxft2 and libxft-dev from backports to get the latest Mozilla with xft compiled on woody.

One problem: I cannot use either make menuconfig or make xconfig. Both exit with errors.

Make menuconfig exits with error 139 and complains about -lncurses.

I googled that and all I could find is that you need libncurses5-dev. I have both:

ii  libncurses5    5.2.20020112a- Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libncurses5-de 5.2.20020112a- Developer's libraries and docs for nc

ii  tk8.3          8.3.3-8        The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v8.3 -

One detail: I have to use the vanilla 2.4.22 Linux Kernel, NOT the Debian one because I run Backstreet Roby mult-seat Debian and I haven't backported that yet to the Debian kernel.

Has anybody got make menuconfig running on woody?

Thanks!

Hugo.