Re: ethernet error? [SOLVED]

Ahhh, that's it, the firewall! I am my own worst enemy. I installed
Guarddog, and I was blocking IPP (Internet Printing Protocol).
Unblocking it made the nasty messages go away.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Without your help, I probably would have
replaced my motherboard instead!

I still highly recommend Guarddog.

regards & happy holidays,
Robert