Re: group- ?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:46:20 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> So, in /etc, there are group and group-, which seem to be identical
> except that group- has much more restrictive permissions.
>
> What's group- for?  What happens if I edit /etc/group directly and don't
> copy the changes over to group- right away?

I believe that group- is the minus 1 version of group.

If you have shadowing installed, which you probably have, then you should
use groupadd, groupdel and groupmod to manipulate groups (you need to get
your changes into gshadow as well as group).

--

Guy: "Would you like to dance?"
Girl: "I don't care for this song and surely wouldn't dance with you."
Guy: "I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood me, I said you look fat in
those pants"