Re: Mozilla-Firebird segfaults with java - SOLVED

On 21 Dec 2003, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I've been using java  (j2re1.4.2_01) for some time without problems on
> mozilla-firebird 0.7. Today it crashed repeatedly when accessing a
> particular site (the Telegraph newspaper web page) and finally it became
> impossible to run firebird at all. I reinstalled it; no luck. I
> therefore fetched the tarball and unpacked that in /usr/local.
> After much messing about I found that the basic problem was the link to
> the java library libjavaplugin.oji.so.
>
> I therefore fetched the most recent version of java (03) and tried that,
> but the results were the same. If there is a link to either the ns610 or
> the ns610-gcc32 version of the library, firebird refuses to run.
>
> Has anyone seen anything similar? I can't understand why the problem has
> appeared suddenly, since I had not altered either firebird or java.

I found the problem: I'd changed the entry in $HOME/.mozilla when I
upgraged  but /usr/lib/mozilla-firebird/plugins had a link to the older
version libjavaplugin.oji.so, which is incompatible with FB 0.7.

A.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic