Re: dpkg -l output

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:45:48PM +0100, GCS wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 08:36:38PM +0000, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> >   dpkg -l \*
> >
> > It's been like this ever since I started using Debian, IIRC.
>
>  Uh-oh. I just have not know this. Good priest learn 'till death
> (hungarian sentence). I just bow in front of you Colin, you make an
> excellent work. Thanks for it!

You're welcome *blush*. Actually the exact details of the above will
probably depend slightly on whether you've ever used dselect or not, due
to the way /var/lib/dpkg/status is used for both dpkg and dselect state;
this is really a design flaw, but difficult to fix now.

>  Is there any plan to upgrade your Subversion for Woody packages? OK, I
> realise newest svn needs db 4.2.50 at least, which does not exists even
> in Sid...

I should try to remember to upgrade them before Christmas, yeah. I'll
only be able to go for subversion 0.33.0-1 since that's all that's in
unstable. That said ... 0.33.0 introduced a fairly nasty performance bug
which was fixed in 0.33.1, so it might be better to hold off there. I'll
think about it.

Cheers,