Re: Proxy Setup Help Needed

GCS wrote:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 01:15:33AM -0800, Scarletdown <gsutton9503@charter.net> wrote:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/

 /etc/init.d/

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet2

 /etc/rc2.d/ Maybe wrong, I do not know /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2.

This is what I am trying to accomplish...

2. Slackware:

    *

There are two ways to load things in Slackware: /etc/rc.d/rc.local or editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2 file. The first method is the easiest. All you have to do is add the line:

echo "Loading the rc.firewall ruleset.."

/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall-2.4

I tried the first technique, since the instructions didn't bother saying what to edit in the rc.inet2.file

In /etc/rc.d, I created an rc.local file and put those two lines in it, then did chmod 700 rc.local

When I rebooted, /etc/rc.firewall-2.4 did not execute (I can start it manually, but I want it to start automatically).