Re: Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 09:53:32AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
>>>  There are some tools to view and list clients, though they
>>> don't come to me off the top of my head.
>>
>>  'xlsclients' is one.
>
> I find that xlsclients only shows a normal-looking list of about 20
> clients when the error occurs.
>
> Any other hints?

Apparently:
	"the maximum number of clients depends on the maximum number
	of connections which depends on the maximum number of file
	descriptors which is a ulimit"

Might be some program opening tons of files or sockets.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com