Re: persistent www connection to aol adserver

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 13:37, Debian User wrote:

group,

i happened to be running tcpdup -i eth0 this a.m. just to see what is
going on outside of my firewall. i noticed my firewall accessing an
adserver in the aol.com domain. i cannot figure out what process is
causing this to continue. i used tcpdump and netstat to the fullest of
my ability but i am not abole to figure out why this adserver is being
accessed from my firewall. i tcpdump-ed eth1 to see it a machine behind
the firewall is responsible for this connection but there is no traffic
(other than nfs and dhcp) while this is occuring. a snapshot of tcpdump
-i eth0 is:

13:22:44.840202 oolmyserver.net.36324 >
ads.web.aol.com.www: . ack 1 win 5840 (DF)

Umm... do you use an Instant Messenger on Windows?

Or Maybe a some spyware on Windows... like nCase or Gator or something
similar.

turns out it must be a process i have running at work connecting to squid on my machine at home.