Re: how to debug an apt-get error?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 05:26:38PM -0500, Lou Losee said
> * Toshiro <toshiro@internet.com.uy> [2003-12-20 16:26]:
> > >
> > > Have you tried "script"?
> >
> > I think 'script' is used to capture screen output to a file, but nothing is
> > printed to the terminal (except the error I mentioned above). If there's
> > another way to use script, please tell me. Thanks,
> >

> How about invoking it with the -x option.  i.e.:
>
> bash -x postinstallation.sh

Just add "set -x" as the *second* line of the script that's failing, in
this case /var/lib/dpkg/info/kdm.postinst.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day: Ortega mindwar BATF Albanian emc bullion arrangements Compsec