Re: Comment on HP printer working on Debian 3.0

On Saturday 20 December 2003 4:37 pm, cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:
> I just got a used HP Laserjet 6L on Ebay for $65+shipping.

I have a a HP LaserJet4+, with 50M of ram, Postscript, and JetDirect; I got
on ebay for ~$130USD /with/ shipping. Works a treat with CUPS, and
gimp-print.

My inkspitter is a Epson C80 that works *better* under Linux than under
Win98SE.

Unless you are intending to print photos (and with Wally-World doing it for
something like 30 cents, why do it yourself), get a laser. I can print 80 sheets
per $40 dollar inkjet cartridge vs printing 3000 sheets for $50 with my laser