network card in compaq

I have started the steady process of converting my machines from redhat to
debian.

Yeterday I got a new hp lt?330, can't remember the exact model number.
Planning to use the machine for snort analysis and the old box was too slow.

It has the broadcom bcm5700 integrated in gigabit network card.
I can find the src package for the bcm5700 card, but wanted to know if
anyone has built a stock kernel with support for this card?

Is their a standard stock kernel, that has support for all currently
supported network cards?
This would be a good thing for initial installs.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman