access denied

I get access denied when I try to make a folder from my
win2000 machine on my Debian user folder

\\Rebel\tamer\public_html

Rebel is my Debian box
tamer is my user name and a folder in /home/tamer/
public_html is my web folder in /home/tamer/public_html

Now when I access my Debian from my win2000 box via
\\Rebel\tamer\
I get to see what is actually in /home/tamer/ but I can't
create any folders in there only see what is in there.

I guess I have to change access permissions for group tamer
Is that correct?
yes tamer is my user name but there is also a group called
tamer
How do I do that?

Gruessle
--