getopt (1) example scripts?

I see that my Debian machine has a getopt utility installed to use in
parseing options to shell scripts. The man page mentions example scripts,
but I cna't seem to find them on my machine.

I also can't figure out the upstream source of this program, else I would
just grab the sources, and unpack to see the scripts.

Can anyone tell me where the source of this module is?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin