Re: Some nagging problems

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 04:58, David Baron wrote:
> 1. locate -- its database is old. How does one update it?

updatedb

Make sure you run it as root or else you'll miss quite a few things.

> 2. Adobe acrobat reader -- installed is 4.05, yuk! I have a 5.08 but haven't
> the foggiest on how to install it--documentation just says run the script
> and that needs arguments. Apt-get lists 4.05 as up to date.

Is the "yuk!" referring the whole product or just the GUI? If you're
just interested in appearances, you might want to check out gpdf. I'm
not really sure why 4.05 is showing as the most current. 5.08 should be
the most current to show up. Have you tried "apt-get install acroread"?

> 3. ADSL works great now. However I do get disconnects, sometimes often,
> sometimes not. "persist" is set is the providers file (and elsewhere). What
> else?

No idea on this one, sorry.

--
Alex Malinovich