Re: Mainline journalist finds success with old Debian Install

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:38:08PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 at 04:30 GMT, Paul Johnson penned:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:58:30AM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> >> Today, in the Wall Street Journal, Charles Forelle reports on his
> >> experience installing Debian on a used computer.  It is interesting
> >> reading. And, generally positive towards Debian. He did need help,
> >> and he did get help through the list.
> >
> > Linkage?
> >

> WSJ isn't a free-as-in-beer publication.  Apparently, though, people
> with subscriptions can send you a temporary freebie link.  I was able to
> get such a link.  Nothing earth-shattering that I saw; just nice to see
> Debian in the mainstream news for once.

The only way I found to let people on the list see Forelle's article was
to "email to a friend" from the wsj web site. This would involve, in
effect, publishing a copyrighted work thru subtrifuge. Not something I
want to do on a Debian list.

Forelle's email address is charles.forelle@wsj.com
The hotlink that worked for me, is:
http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB107162364118430200,00.html?mod=pj%5Fhomes%5Fhs%5Fcoll%5Fleft
if this works, OK, but do respect the copyright.

I can email a copy to a few friends who email me off list. For me, a
friend is a person says he/she is my friend (I guess that would make
most of the email users in Liberia my friends ;-)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com