Re: CDs misplaced

Hello

David Baron (<d_baron@012.net.il>) wrote:

> My device table is /etc/fstab
>
> I changed the mounting and can now manually mount a data CD in hdc or
> hdd, the correct locations.
>
> An audio CD will not mount but can be accessed by appropriate
> utilities.
>
> The file system is set as iso660 or something like that. I probably
> want Joliet if the kernel will swallow that. What do I need to enter
> for an alternative mount for an audio CD?

The standard debian kernels support the joliet extensions automatically,
you only have to set the file system to iso9660. And you don't mount
audio cds, because thes do not have a file system. Except you use cdfs,
which allows you to access tracks on a cd like files. But why would you
want to do that. As you write, you can access the audio cd for playing
and ripping.

> What I would like to see is an auto-mount on inserting a disk.

There are currently two solutions I know of. One is supermount (you will
have to patch your kernel for this), the other is the automount daemon.
It will mount a device if you access a certain directory, and unmount
it automatically after a given timeout.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--