Re: GPM for mouse

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:20:06PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
| On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 01:14:21AM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

| > |
| > | It does have problems with handling more then one mouse when they use
| > | different protocols
| >
| > Ok, yeah, the repeating doesn't work in that situation.
| >
| > | and it can't emulate three buttons.
| >
| > It does.  Admittedly the timing is sensitive on the laptop's touchpad
| > at work, but it does let both be the middle button for paste.
|
| How did you accomplish that? Last time I checked it was at most a
| wishlist item unless I missed something and its actually on my wishlist
| ;-)

Hmm.  Well, I have gpm 1.19.6-12.1 and my gpm.conf has the following
non-comments :
    repeat_type=raw
    device=/dev/misc/psaux
    type=ps2
    responsiveness=
    append=""
    sample_rate=

Using "middle click" (both buttons) on the touch pad is a bit tricky
and sometimes takes several tries to get the timing right.  I found
that touching the right button momentarily sooner than the left
button.  The best technique is a quick roll from right-to-left over
the buttons.  Perhaps with the right timing I just got lucky enough
for it to work?  :-)  I just kind of assumed 3-button emulation
because I rather expect that on a PC-based UNIX system.

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.