Re: Mozilla Firebird 0.70 and x-java-vm

Robert L. Harris(Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net) is reported to have said:

>   I have mozilla firebird 0.70 installed.  Everything looks good
> except I can't get the plugin for x-java-vm to work.  When I load a site
> such as proboards the message to download the plugin keeps popping up.
>
> I get this if run from a command line:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/opt/MozillaFirebird/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.=
> so
> [/usr/opt/MozillaFirebird/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji=
> =2Eso:
> undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
>
> "java" is in my path correctly.  This is a Debian sid system but I
> get the same thing on a Debian woody system as well.
>
> Can anyone tell me if they know a fix or work around for this? =20

I had to get the j2re1.4.2 from the sun site to get it to work here.

The version using gcc3.2 did it for me.
/usr/local/j2re1.4.2/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

mozilla-firebird   0.7-1
gcc-3.2            3.2.3-8
gcc-3.3            3.3.2-4

Running testing/unstable

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)
--
"I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them."
                -- Isaac Asimov