Re: xcdroast

Hello

Gavin Seddon (<gavin.m.seddon@man.ac.uk>) wrote:

(quoting fixed)

>> I checked the config file for that kernel, and I found this:
>>
>> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m
>>
>> So the ide-scsi module should be there. Run
>>
>> find /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/ -name ide-scsi.o
>>
>> to see if it can be found.
>
> this find command returned nothing.

Install another kernel? Try apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.20, or
apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-$arch. If you use one of the 2.4.18
images, don't forget to tell lilo to use the initrd for that kernel.

> Also, I noticed people are irritated by my replies.  But, each time I
> send a message to debian list it starts a new thread and I am unable
> to reply directly to messages.  So, what do I do?

Select reply to list, or press "L" in kmail.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen