Re: password length > 8

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:22:03 -0300
Diego Crivelli <dcrivelli@com.uncor.edu> wrote:

<snip>
> I created a user on my woody box with adduser and when prompted for
> the password I wrote a word with more than 8 characters. But I can
> login by supply only the first 8 characters. I tried changing the
> 'maxlength' value on login.defs, didn't work. So, how can I use
> passwords of more than 8 characters?. Thanks.
<snip>

Howdy Diego,

As root, run "dpkg-reconfigure passwd". It will bring up a dialog box
asking if you want to enable md5 passwords - answer Yes, and then it
will allow you to use passwords longer than 8 characters.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware