Re: PDF & cut-&-paste ???

Michael D Schleif wrote:
Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> [2003:12:16:16:43:11-0500] scribed:

Patrick Lesslie wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:46:16PM +1100, Patrick Lesslie wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:05:44AM -0600, Michael D Schleif wrote:

Which PDF readers allow blocking and cut-&-paste?

Also, which allow searching for text and phrases?

xpdf allows cut and paste.  It feels funny because it is a
pixel-wise block, but it works.

For searching, it might be enough to use pdftotext | grep <string>
I don't know which other ones allow searching.

Ok, I take that back ... xpdf has a search button.

Acroread also does both.  But it is non-free.

-Roberto

That's just it -- I cannot get acroread (v5) to block-cut-&-paste.

Yes, I know that it is possible to create PDF's without ability to do
that; but, the *same* PDF's from which I can cut-&-paste in windoze, I
_cannot_ cut-&-paste under debian.  Is there something other than the
text-select mode?

What do you think?

Are those PDF docs optimized for Acrobat 6 (as opposed to Acrobat 5)?

-Roberto