fonts

Is someone familiar with font setup in X here, or shall I try somewhere else?

I am in the process of cleaning up my fonts installation (in Debian Sarge). Could someone suggest how do I actually check which fonts are *not* installed properly? I guess this may be sound like a vague question to some, but I am trying google and haven't found anything relevant to this approach. Most talk about how to setup them up, not how to debug the setup.

->HS
--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)