Similar question was: Change password from shellscript

Peter wrote:
Howdie,

I want to make a shellscript with the ability to change a
userspassword. I can't get it to work properly because when i say
passwd user i will have to enter the password is there a way or a
switch todo this in a style like passwd user password

Thankz,
Peter

I want to make a script (which I am at present unable to do) that does this:

su
<give the password from the script>
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11
xsane
exit from script

Note: su insists on running from a terminal window.

How do you do that?

Thanks!

Hugo.