iBCS emulator for Unix binaries

Dear List,

For testing purposes I am trying to run binaries compiled for SCO OpenServer
by using the iBCS emulator said to support this.

However I find certain difficulties in compiling the iBCS itself.

What I first did was install the ibcs-base and ibcs-source-2.2.... on Debian
Woody.

It turned out that after installation I got a tarball containing the source to
be compiled.

I said OK that is nothing that would bother me and tried to compile it.

In all the README files and sources I could find in the Internet, it is said
that one needs to copy the CONFIG.i386 to CONFIG, edit it and then run make
and make install and that is all.

make returned an error and I presumed that because the source was written
against a 2.2. kernel and I had the 2.4 kernel, my mistake would be that I am
just trying to build the ibcs against the wrong kernel.

Ok I compiled a 2.2 kernel booted from it and here we go - I got the very same
error message.

That was kind of frustrating.

I Googled hard and downloaded some other versions of the tar.gz file,
 the most recent being of November 1998. Tried to compile any of them against
the 2.2 kernel and 2.4 kernel, tried the same on another machine running
Slackware 9.1.

All ended soon after invoking 'make' with the same error:

In file included from sysi86.c:30:
../include/ibcs/ibcs.h:47: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
sysi86.c: In function `ibcs_sysi86':
sysi86.c:131: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
sysi86.c:154: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
sysi86.c:174: `PER_MASK' undeclared (first use in this function)
sysi86.c:174: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sysi86.c:174: for each function it appears in.)
sysi86.c:174: `PER_SCOSVR3' undeclared (first use in this function)
sysi86.c:180: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: *** [sysi86.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chavdar/get/new/ibcs/iBCSemul'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I checked all my CONFIG and Makefiles - they seem to be OK.

The reason I cannot compile the iBCS is somewhere else and unfortunately
beyond my skills.

Can anyone help me find out what is supposed to be done in order to accomplish
this "mission"?

Thanks in advance for all hints.

Best regards,

Chavdar Videff