Re: eject won't work any more

Apparently, _H. S._, on 12/14/03 15:33,typed:
This is a repost, the first one got screwed up, apologies.

Apparently, _Joan Tur_, on 12/14/03 15:29,typed:

Hallo!

After having removed all *knoppix* packages (I installed SID using knoppix 3.2 and then changed to sid's repositories), eject won't work any more:

1) Do you belong to the "cdrom" group? If not add yourself to that group. Then try the eject command again. It that doesn't work, then
2) what does "ls -l /dev/hdX" give? WHere "hdX" is your cdorm device?

Sorry, that should have been "ls -l /dev/scd0" over there. BTW, yours is a scsi CD-ROM drive, right?

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)