Re: debootstrap

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:56:04AM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of trying to convert a leased rack space from RedHat to
> Debian. I'm working my way through:
> 	http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-preparing.en.html
> 	http://trilldev.sourceforge.net/files/remotedeb.html
>
> I'd like to use the RPM that is referred to in both of the documents I'm
> reading. It says it's supposed to be here, but I get 403 forbidden. Any
> ideas?
> 	http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/debootstrap

make it yourself:),  I think it's merely "alien --to-rpm" on the deb-file.
for your convenience I've put such an alienised rpm on the web:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~cfelling/debootstrap-0.2.18-2.i386.rpm

be aware, it's the one from sarge, and I've never ever used rpm-nised
debs, so it might not work at all.

--
groetjes, carel