Re: hostname bogosity

Hi Michael,

	check your /etc/hostname which should contain your hostname
only, /etc/hosts which should contain your ip-address and hostname,
/etc/nsswitch.conf which should contain some line like hosts: files dns
and wether the contents of your /etc/resolv.conf is still valid.

All files should be rw-r--r-- root:root

If all the above works out, check the output of nslookup <your hostname>

Sincerely,

Jan.