Re: ssh behaviour: unexpectedly being logged out

H. S. wrote:

Okay, I just read them. But frankly I don't see the connection. The problem is not if the host dies or local host dies and I want to keep or not keep the connection. To see of this is being in my Fedora version of Linux, I tried to see ssh_config in that, and found that the only difference was that it had the following lines at the end:
Host *
        ForwardX11 yes

So I tried having this in my Debian version of Linux too, same problem, no change. So the KeepAlive is not being used even in my Fedora version, but ssh works perfectly fine over there.

->HS

I am really at a loss.  If you are running Woody, it might be worth it
to try installing (or back porting) the ssh package from Sarge or Sid.

-Roberto