Re: ssh behaviour: unexpectedly being logged out

Sorry for the mix up of the message text with my signature, my message should have read:

(I had posted about this a while ago, but can't find that thread anymore in gmane, so a repeat):

I am trying ssh to connect to my university:

$> ssh -f username@univ.edu xterm
$> ssh -X username@univ.edu xterm
$> ssh -X -f username@univ.edu xterm

The last option was suggested by some one when I last posted this problem.

But once xterm starts and I try to change its properties by CTRL+MouseClick, my X logs me out and gives me the login screen.

I am able to connect okay when I am in Fedora. I have the same firewall in both Linux versions.

Suggestions? Advice?

thanks,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)