Re: Mail questions

on Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 07:25:42PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman (spam@bounceswoosh.org) wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 at 01:11 GMT, Reaz Baksh penned:
> >
> > I now have a few questions:
> > 1) when I issue the fetchmail command as above, is fetchmail passing
> > the mail to exim4 to deliver it to the mail box, or is it delivering
> > it on its own?
>
> Fetchmail does not deliver mail on its own; it passes it to the MTA on
> the system.  Assuming that exim4 is configured properly, fetchmail on
> your system is probably passing the mail to exim4.

...or MDA (e.g.:  procmail) of your specification.

Peace.

    George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not
    forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of
    sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But
    he did not lie.
    http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm