Re: How to login as ROOT as start

Incoming from Stephen Liu:

> How can I login as ROOT after booting at 'Desktop Manager" popup.  I am
> only allowed to login as USER both KDE and GNOME.

"Hi.  I bought this really neat gun yesterday, and now I'd like to try
it out.  Problem is, I can't get the ammunition into the thing.  Can
somebody help me out?"

Login as user (either kde or gnome or $blah), then type "su -" and
supply the root password when asked.  There are very good reasons for
doing it this way, and very good reasons why not to do it the other
way.  See groups.google.com if you're wondering about that.

- -