Re:Connecting ADSL

Same problem!

Note that many ADSL modem do NOT support PPPoE which makes them difficult to
configure. I have read many advice-responses to these thing, tried ADSL4Lin
(which will set up certain connections but not mine--first question is for
country and then local providers are presented and the menus are in Dutch).
To no avail.

The Eth0 is set up presumably correctly. I can ping the modem (10.0.0.138)
and the computer's IP (10.200.1.1/255.0.0.0) as directed by the provider.
What is patently MISSING is my LOGON to the ADSL!!

How does one do this? Is the PAPsecrets thing the way and how is this set
up?

Apparently most Linux installations assume that the computer is on a network
that is always connected from a server.