Re: exim hogging upstream on debian

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:14:20PM -0000, Colin Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in a small office that uses an adsl connection for its internet access.
> We have a debian box with exim installed to send mail. When a large email is
> send (anything over 1mb really) it hogs all of the upstream, disconnects my
> ssh sessions etc and making using the internet impossible until the email
> has gone.
>
> I am looking for a way to limit exims use of the available bandwidth.
> Anybody got any ideas for a quick fix?
>
> Any help much appreciated - its driving me mad :-)
>
> Col.

Look at www.bandwidtharbitrator.com. Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator is software
developed by a guy in the town where I live (Lafayette, CO). He made a
presentation at a local LUG ~6m ago. He seemed to know what he was doing,
and interested in helping small users. Its not free, but its not expensive,
and you can try it for free. I think his deal is that you pay for the
User Manual.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com