Re: how long it takes an unstable package to come into testing?

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 18:48, J.S.Sahambi wrote:
> I was going to install Debian on a new machine. Currently I am using
> unstable. I would  like to know how long (I mean days) it takes a
> package to be moved from Unstable to Testing?
>
> Just wanted to know this information to have an idea how long I will
> have to wait for new packages if I am using Testing.
Varies widely from a few days to never.

It is not a matter of how long... but if everything is met on deps and
then it builds correctly. Some packages are at the end of the chain in a
long series of deps... there are a few packages... that are still
waiting since early last month (that *I* know of).

Recently Evolution wasn't installable in testing, dunno if it is still
that way or not... but in Unstable it's been 1.4.5-3 for quite a while.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net