Re: Mixing woody and sarge

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
The hitch is that libc6 has changed, and so installing any package in
 sarge or sid will pull in the new libc, and that in turn will force
other packages to be upgraded. This is just a matter of following the dependencies.

Yes, This is my experience also, I installed ulogd and whole libc and
perl also came along with it. so I guess the safe way is to compile the
any packages, that I need from testing, from source in woody and use
that, or get it from backport.org if available.

One of the most urgent need is samhain (a file integrity checker which
can detect kernel root kits) With debian servers getting rooted this
 has become a necessity.

I hope this clarifies things.

Yup, thanks a lot.

raj